We are hiring - SUPPLY CHAIN QUALITY ENGINEER
SUPPLY CHAIN QUALITY ENGINEER
Chemring Technology Solutions (CTS) are currently looking for a Supply Chain Quality Engineer to support in our quality and supply chain requirements at our offices in Poole. The role offers an excellent opportunity to become an integral part of a small, driven and enthusiastic team and for you to improve our company quality and Supplier Management processes.
What will your role look like?
As the Supply Chain Quality Engineer (SCQE), you will be responsible for:
- Managing inspection requirements of supplied goods and any required corrective actions either internally or with suppliers
- Inspection of finished and initiating corrective actions where required
- Development of Controls Plans, PFMEA, Quality and sampling plans
- Supporting manufacturing in ensuring processes are well defined, adhered to and improved
- Work with internal functions and suppliers so that ISO 9001 processes are well known and implemented
- Monitor key suppliers for performance against objectives you will help define
- Establish framework agreements with key suppliers
- Manage and understand non-conformities as an when they arise
- Ensure released products meet customer and regulatory requirements
- Work in line with Health and Safety processes at all times
- Supporting internal and external auditing activities
What do we expect from you?
You will be part of the Operations team and support quality and supply chain to look for ways to improve our processes, product quality, supply chain and Customer service. You will be supported by other departments in assessing suppliers on an ongoing basis for performance and compliance to our and Customer requirements.
As part of a small team, we are looking for someone who is able to communicate well with the wider team and to grasp problems and arrive at solutions in a timely manner. This will require you to build positive relationships with Colleagues and Suppliers.
Your ability to understand, qualify and verify engineering specifications and customer requirements is important to be able to determine technical queries and / or requirements for order placement.
What additional skills would be useful?
- Microsoft Access skills and knowledge of Sage would be advantageous, although not essential
- Working knowledge of ISO 9001:2015 is essential
- AQAP requirements would be advantageous
- Manufacturing background within mechanical and electronics assembly is preferred
- Able to interpret engineering drawings and PCB Assembly drawings is essential
Why should you work with us?
We would offer you a competitive salary and benefits including
- A contributory company pension.
- An employee assistance programme.
- A whole host of flexible benefits to include travel insurance dental care and Private medical Insurance
Due to the nature of this position, you will either hold or be eligible to achieve SC clearance. As a result you should be a British Citizen, and have resided in the UK for the last 5 years.
CTS is committed to a policy of Equal Opportunity, Diversity and Inclusion. Our working environment is friendly, innovative and inclusive.
CTS is committed to the protection of personal data for all our stakeholders, including applicants for roles within the organisation. We undertake to ensure that all personal data is processed lawfully, fairly, and in a transparent manner. We will only process data for explicit and legitimate purposes, and will only keep information which is necessary to carry out those legitimate business aims.
The information will be kept only as long as required by law or for specific purposes. A copy of our Privacy Notice can be found on our website at http://www.chemringts.com/site-services/privacy-policy.
To apply for this position, please send your CV and Covering Letter to email@example.com
No recruitment agencies please.